Trucklover's Kitbuild '09 Summer Challenge
Man its been a LONG time since i worked on this MASSIVE project lol

Well i finally got back into the swing of things and got working again on the kit. It was all summer since i touched this last, but now that my girlfriend is back in school, and still not having a job (going in this morning to Lowes to see about getting my old job back) i had some down time to sit down and start work again lol

The first thing i did was pick up where i left off in the weathering stage of weathering the Stoves. Then i prepared all the Railings for the entire kit, cutting excess spur sections off to better cover all the railings with the rattle can. I primed all the railings with gray, then sprayed them all yellow. After that, i started to glue the railings ontop of the Stoves. The Safety Cadge Ladders were glued together and placed in there appropriate spots atop the stoves to the lower platforms on the sides of the stoves.

After this, it was off to start the piping for the lower portion of the Stove structure. Supports were all sprayed with oxide red primer and glued in place. The i assembled the Clean Gas Pipes, Burner Feeds, Lower and Upper Stove Pipes, and the Hot Blast Main Pipe. Once everything was aligned properly, i glued it all in place and that is where i am at as of right now. This took care of steps 43-49. Here are the pics of the latest progress

[Image: SL373424.jpg]

[Image: SL373425.jpg]

[Image: SL373426.jpg]

[Image: SL373427.jpg]

[Image: SL373428.jpg]

[Image: SL373431.jpg]

[Image: SL373432.jpg]

Next i will be weathering the newly completed piped and railings i have shown above

Time spent on this build is not up to 35-1/2 hours
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread