NW 58th St., Miami
Larry, thank you for that very kind compliment. Nice to see that you think that my layout does not fall too short compared to Lance’s fantastic layout.

I think I strayed long enough from building the layout. After having weathered all those cars (Lynn, I did not forget the 5 step how-to Wink ), I am back on track now. As a start I finished painting and weathering all the streets. They may need a little more weathering, but that depends on how they turn out in pictures. And I "planted" the first utility pole. Well, I know that’s not a real big step forward in scenicing the layout, but you got to start somewhere Goldth .

[Image: m37.jpg]

Sentry Industries (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sentryindustries.net">http://www.sentryindustries.net</a><!-- m -->) is one of the real industries I model that is still served by rail. They get a lot of chlorine in tank cars and that really suits me, as I love tank cars. I already have two and I am waiting for 4 more to be delivered 2285_ . Sentry is the building at the front of the short leg of the L of my layout. Two days ago I started building the facade of that structure and as you can see, I made good progress.

[Image: m38.jpg]

The wall is made from .080" sheet styrene. To cut the wall and the openings for windows and doors precisely, I did this drawing in CorelDraw, printed it out and using adhesive spray, glued it to the styrene sheet.

[Image: m42.jpg]

The windows are from Tichy Train Group, the rolling doors are corrugated styrene (the backside facing to the front). All the other details I made from sheet styrene (.080", .040", .020" and .013"). I don’t care about using styrene strips or rods, because you can never have all you need at hand and besides that, using sheet styrene is much cheaper.

[Image: m39.jpg]

[Image: m40.jpg]

[Image: m41.jpg]

Now I only have to figure out how to build the rest of the structure with its curved rear wall. Well, I guess I have to sleep on it for one or two nights.
Kurt

Messages In This Thread