"One Small Step For Man"......
In answer to the question Smile Smile

I was in my living room (Only room with a TV) watching the Console (TV/Record player/Radio) it was a Huge 20" TV Screen and we watched and listened to history being made... Same TV We watched RFK's & JFK's assassinations, same TV we watched Carol Burnett and Cronkite too.. Smile Smile

The reason that not too many people watch the Shuttle launches is that the Media thinks it's routine.. That was a note of the news after The Challenger explosion, all of a sudden they started covering the "actual launch"..
I watch NASA Select TV (google it) if i'm home. I keep track of the entire day's events for every mission i can.. even saw the ISS & Shuttle fly over my house once each of the last 2 missons.... Looking forard to this Saturday - when it's do again.. Smile Only 9 missions left... Going back to the Moon in 2018....

I'm just as dissapointed when a flight is delayed.. Pity, the "News" media isn't even phased by it except for a blurb or 2... Sad Sad

Anyway - (Stepping off the soap box) It's still a very important part of my life... From Apollo 1 (R.I.P.) all the way up to Apollo 17.... and the STS and whatever the bean counters come up with next.....

By the way - Does anyone else get the simularity between the I-phone and all it's apps... and The P.A.D.D - the Personal Assistant Data Display (Clipboard of Star Trek?? ) We're getting closer to RoddenBerry's dreams every day.... Now if we could only realize his dreams of no wars, conflicts and other distractions.... Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread