The Modesto & Empire Traction Company Layout Trackplan
Here is an update on the plan. I finally got a chance to work on some revisions this evening lol

These 2 pics show the helix and the yard. The Black tracks on the right side of the plan are the tracks that are on the upper level with the yard. The white tracks are the helix traveling down to the lower level. 28" radius on the outside track and 25" radius on the inside track. The Blue tracks are the tracks that come off the helix at the bottom at the lower level. Ill have to do another plan to continue the blue tracks on the lower level. Yellow Tracks are the BNSF/M&ET Interchange Yard, and the Red Tracks are the BNSF Mainline.

The upper level with the yard is now part of a layout section, and no modules will be part of this yard. Now i realize that there is virtually no room coming off the BNSF mainline tracks on either side of the plan, but this is of no concern to me. Basically the BNSF mainline will just be for show, and simulate the real mainline running by the yard. And remember, all track spacing is 2" track centers, and on the helix, there is roughly 3" between tracks. All switches are #8's or #9's and minimum radius in the yard is 22"

Ive also lessened the length of the plan from 40' long to 25' long. This means now i will need a room thats 25' long to house this layout, thats alot better then 40' although 25' is still very long. Im not sure i could shorten the plan any further though.... lol

Thats it for now, more revising's to come soon Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread