The Modesto & Empire Traction Company Layout Trackplan
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Josh, I think that if you build it, you will find that it is just too much trouble to set up and take down modules. You will probably just put up favorites and leave the rest in storage. When our modular club sets up a show, it takes 10-20 people 2 hours or more to set it up, trouble shoot, level the layout, and get everything running. Ho is very unforgiving of any irregularities in track work including dips, bumps, jogs, or any misalignment. You would be a lot better off to reduce what you model by modeling only a small part of the line instead of trying to cover the entire railroad.

Very true. I read your reply after i had posted my last pic in this thread, this was before i started working on the bottom level. I completely agree with you, and thats why i chose to do no more modules, and keep them down to the 9 modules i had already drew plans for which would all be located on the top level divided up in 4 separate islands. I think 9 modules would be a manageable amount for just myself setting them up 2 or 3 at a time where they would be locked into on the layout? I understand there would be alot of work involved in setting up and troubleshooting, but i think if i only built 9 of the modules, that this would be okay and i could live with it lol

Russ Bellinis Wrote:If you made your layout to consist of the Codoni Ave district on one leg with the Doherty Ave district on the other leg and the back side just connecting the two or containing another switching district, forming a "U" shaped layout that would fit your 25' x 15' room easily and allow the layout to remain ready to operate whenever the mood strikes you, you would enjoy it a lot more. Frankly my least favorite part of the hobby is setting up and tearing down a layout.

Ive already compressed all my favorite sections LOL I would model the entire Shortline, but that would just take up so much space i would need a warehouse LOL. Plus i didnt even model the UP/M%ET Interchange Yard.... Which i really wanted to but had to force myself not to lol. Ill post the bottom level and the details below
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread