Help with HO Scale Helix design
Trucklover Wrote:You know its funny, i was laying in bed last night thinking of the rope lights and for some reason your layout popped into my head and i remember you have nice lighting and very much what i would like to do. Then i log on this morning and you replied with the info i was hoping you could provide Misngth Misngth Thanks Shaun, i think ill be going this route with the lighting. Think i might even buy a few of them now, looks like the fixtures are on sale too Misngth

Psychic connection?? Eek

Trucklover Wrote:One question though, i quickly looked over the link, and i didnt see any mention of them coming with bulbs, did yours come with bulbs or did you buy them separate?

Yes, they come with the bulb. On the order page you pick a size and bulb and the qty you want of that combination. If you need additional sizes, you just go back to page and pick the new size/bulb combo and add it to the cart.

One thing I have been meaning to try though with rope lights is night time lighting. I picked up a blue rope light from Home Depot probably 2 years ago to test out for lighting up the layout in a dark room as an evening scene. Since rope lights aren't very bright usually, the blue gives you a nice night-time blue tint to the layout. Saw it done in an old magazine article someplace.

Maybe tonight I'll dig out the rope (if I can find it) and see how it looks over the recently terrained area.

Messages In This Thread