Traction Tires for Diesels and Electrics?
Quote:Again, the reason i'm looking at traction tires is because there is no more provisions to add more weight. I'd like to see anyone make an Atlas AEM7 heavier. The only open areas are the cabs of the locomotive. IF it were DC, i could have filled in the decoder slots, but only run DCC these days, so i'm out of luck.

The E60 could be made heavier, but it will be hard, since the only open space is prett much along the sides of the drive train, and i'm not sure where or how i can add more weight the the models.

I really don't think extra weight is going to help my Challenger either. that thing already weighs a ton. I'm not sure how i can add more weight to make it pull better. In fact, i might wager that adding weight to some of these locomotives will make it worse.

Sorry, I missed that part of your first post... :oops:

However, there are additional ways to add weight to existing parts - filling fuel tanks, replacing plastic gears with metal, or other metal parts with heavier metal parts. NWSL has replacement drives, wheelsets, and the like that may be heavier than those supplied in the original.

As for your Challenger, remember what DoctorWayne said in one of his old threads about balancedd weight in a steamer. Probably as important to balance it as to simply add the weight. In fact, IIRC, sticking weight in without accounting for balance can make performance worse, even if overall weight goes up.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

Messages In This Thread