I don't know what your opinion of this is..... :) :) :)
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Well, in all fairness, I went to the local "shack" a few months ago, because I couldn't find the multimeter I was looking for anywhere else. (read that as "Wally-World) They had the exact unit I was looking for, and at a price that couldn't be beat. I have also bought audio jacks for my reel-to-reel tape players. And reel-to-reel tapes, too. Most places don't even know what a reel-to-reel tape player is, let alone carry any parts for them.

That is the problem. If you want batteries, or small parts, or some hard to find pieces, The Shack is worth checking out; but anybody wanting to buy a $3,000.00 or more home theater system will most likely go to Best Buy, Costco, or even Wally World before they even think of looking at one of tha Shacks small stores. This question is retorical, but think about how much you spent to buy that stuff. Was it anywhere near the price of a big screen tv? Generally the more expensive the item, the more profit there is for the seller. I would hate to see them leave the niche they have built up for meters, and small electronic parts, but if they want to compete with the big box electronics stores, they need bigger stores not a name change.

Messages In This Thread