Erie & Southern Railroad - Layout
doctorwayne Wrote:...reworking the trackplan...

Those are the scariest words in the world to me.

I'm a planner. I have a lot of books on railroading, and I like to think that I'm a pretty well-versed individual. I enjoy reading John Armstrong's writings on track planning, but honestly, there are several concepts that I just can't seem to wrap my head around. With my former layout, I went with a "canned trackplan" in sectional track because I couldn't piece all the elements together that I wanted into the same space.

With this new layout, I have twice the space. I have a general idea of what I want, which is an industry-focused operational layout. Sure, I want mainline continuous running. But I also want to switch out multiple industries and give the overall feeling that I'm operating a railroad. My hope was to get a lot of this hashed out beforehand, so that when it came time to start laying track, I could move along quickly. Maybe I just need to put up the benchwork and just start laying track. Once I see it in 3D, some of those concepts outlined in the books I read will make more sense to me.
Tony

Messages In This Thread