29th National Narrow Gauge Convention
pgandw Wrote:I wasn't going to be able to go - the $100 registration fee was a show stopper. Had planned on working on Friday, 18 Sept to distract myself (normally work 4x10 Mon-Thurs, with 1.5hr commute each way). Wife told me today she was going to sell some of her stuff on Craig's list so I could go. Gotta love that woman. I live just outside Colorado Springs, so distance is no problem.

Fred W

I ended up not going. We entered the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace program a week earlier. Live very frugally today so you can enjoy life much more in a few years - complete opposite from what credit card companies push. The $100 went towards our emergency fund.

Since my van pool stops right across from the Doubletree (where the convention was) I went in one night to see if they had anything cheaper than $100. I was offered a 24 hour registration for $35. In the end, I decided I was just going to tempt myself too much. I already have much of what I need for this winter's layout construction, and plenty of locomotive and car projects. In fact, I will be selling my excess HO standard gauge and just about all the 3 rail O.

It would have been nice to meet some of the names from the various forums, and some of the small companies that supply narrow gauge. And I would have liked to see some layouts in the area. But all that can be done outside the convention, too. And I still enjoy the various forums, and the people on them.

Messages In This Thread