Walthers North American Ethanol Series
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I feel bad, i know they are trying to cash in on all the "green" stuff, but i have to say, those structures don't look that exciting. A lot of those sheds and things can be done with Plastruct or Rix or even evergreen sheets for MUCH cheaper than the price they are asking at walthers. I think if i were you, i'd only buy the kits with the unique parts that you cannot fabricate yourself.

Even so, i'm thinking it won't sell well. not only is it expensive for just individual buildings, but i don't think there are many ethanol plants anywhere on the eastern half of the country (or if there are, very few). it doesn't stop people, but we'll see.

I see your point Chris. But i have actually had a few other people besides myself reserve some of these kits for when they are released. One of the guys is building a European Prototype Ethanol Plant, so he has reserved a massive amount of these kits for a HUGE set-up hes planning. I also asked my Walthers rep about how many others have reserved these new kits so far, and he said there were a fair amount of people reserving them so far. I think this series will be right up there with there Steel Series that is out right now, and be a great seller and very popular quite honestly. True they are expensive, i agree with you there....

But the great thing about these 10 new kits is that they can easily be used in virtually any industry you can think of and model, and are not just unique to the Ethanol Plants, which i think will really catch modelers eye and say "hey, this kit would be great to use to model my xxx industry"
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread