United Corn Growers
[Image: UCG-logo.png]

United Corn Growers is a cooperative owned by more than 900 farmer producers in the nation’s Grain Belt region, including: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and others.

The region combines excellent work ethics, good transportation, a strong agricultural infrastructure, diversified crop and livestock enterprises, and progressive farming practices to create a spirit of cooperation and partnering.

We provide quality farm inputs to our member patrons. Farm supplies include feed, seed, fertilizer, chemicals, and petroleum.

The Project

Anyone who models the pre-1960's era can appreciate wooden grain elevators, which once littered the North American landscape. The vast majority of these structures are gone now, having gave way to concrete facilities. If anyone is interested, please feel free to use the above image on your own wooden grain elevator project. This way, these magnificent structures can continue to live on, if only in miniature. Perhaps UCG can represent what once was, and be a multi-layout, multi-scale, feature across dozens of landscapes.

Personally, I will be using the Branchline Trains Laser Art wooden structure for my own build. I'll be sure to post progress pics here! Maybe we can have another GERN-like phenomenon.

Wink
Tony

Messages In This Thread