"New modules"
All that remains of the "San Confoundus Fault", is a slight reflection off an edge ( lower left hand corner of photo ). The new blue paint is an almost perfect match for the old paint !!! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final "land" is built, the house that sat on temporary "supports" is now positioned on the "new property".
The remaining seawall, is built and in place, and the water area is masked so final painting of the seawalls can begin.

Close up of the house, which is kitbashed out of two smaller kits. The roof will get shingles ( strips, not individual -- it is asphalt shingles, not wood ) I haven't made the final decision about trim color, but I'm leaning towards dark Green.

Next step, plaster cloth, then brown paint and grass, then "landscaping" as in trees, bushes, shrubs etc. Sept. 12th ( next Thursday ) is set up for a train show at the Racine County Fairgrounds, the modules have to be "move ready", so I have to leave some time for all the scenery work to "set up" and be movable.
I'll have to print out the support piling plan I used on the bridge tender's tower for the single track rolling lift bridge, and use it to build the tower for the two track bridge. That, will have to wait until after the "challenge" is over.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread