"New modules"
Yesterday afternoon, I shot these pictures....there has been some progress but not much, until very recently. the first shot is basically all three modules as they are right now.    
Next is the left hand module. In this shot you can clearly see the 10" "back table" that completes the dual gauge loops. there will be "skyboards between the modules and the back tables, so they won't be seen when the modules are displayed.    
This is the center module of the set.The pieces of stripwood that appear to be "just lying there", are used to get a feel for the grade of the land that will eventually be there. By using the strips, I can get an early idea of where to start and finish the "land mass", so it looks natural, while not taking up too much space. It helps when locating buildings, roads, etc.    
And this is the right hand module. On this one, I have the four stall roundhouse, kit bashed from two Revell engine houses. The scratchbuilt sand tower, a wood, 100 ton coal tower kit from Alexander scale models, and a modified Atlas water tank. the turn table is from Heljan    

On the left and center modules I'm using the kit bashed Ship Chandler's shop, and Shipwright's shop, a scrach built small freight house ( I built this one 48 years ago ), and what was intended to be a pickle factory I built 40 years ago for a friend. It came back to me when he passed away a couple of years ago. There will also be six of the Life Like Scene master steel arch bridge kits, to carry the mainline track over the water, which is most of the left and center modules.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread