"New modules"
tetters Wrote:That's pretty cool. Thumbsup
How does the track set up work? Is the lower oval run independantly of the double track on top or is there a way for a train on the oval to get to the double track?

These are "round and round" display modules. The double tracks are the two required "loop" tracks. the lower level will be dual gauge, across the front, with only narrow gauge crossing in front of the skyboards. The standard gauge part of the loop will cross behind the skyboards. I intend to mix standard, and narrow gauge trains through the visible areas, and may provide "staging" for two of each, as in 1. standard "east" 2. narrow "west" 3. Narrow "east" 4. Standard "west", or in any order I choose. What the viewers will see will be four different trains running through the scene.

( Round and round modular display layout: Operators can set their trains running, and then be able to talk with the show attendees. Hard to do smoothly when having to concentrate on "operations".
Operating modular display layout: Operators have a hard time conversing with the show attendees because of "operating constraints", and little or no information is passed along to those who would like to learn.
It's time, and manpower consuming to try to have the best of both worlds. )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread