"New modules"
I tried to get the photo to show up, but....
If the thread is to have any educational benefit, some discussion should be included, about alternatives.
I had originally intended on having the rolling lift operate, and then thought about all the fingers touching it, and probably moving it just enough to have rolling stock crash to the floor.
It's removable ( spans a module boundary ),and could have still been, and been operational, but is now rail-joinered in, to keep it from being moved while in use.
On a home layout I'd have it operate.
Wood truss and steel rolling lift......I'd call the combination.......improbable.
There may very well be a situation where that combination exists, but it would be a rare case at best. Bringing the rails out on a wood trestle, ending at the stone abutment that supports one of the standing ends of the lift bridge, is plausible for the specific scene, but deck, or through, girder bridges might have been a more commonly used method.
The location of your railroad, is probably the most controlling factor in what engineering would be used.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread