"New modules"
Expanded Aluminum Gutter Screen...to keep the "junk" out of the rain gutters...to make scenery out of ? It's relatively inexpensive, light weight ( I have to carry these modules up and down the basement stairs ), needs the following tools: 1. Staple gun w/ 1/2" staples, 2. tin snips / sheers to cut it, 3. twist ties ( from the plastic garbage bags that I always tie with a knot ), 4. a clamping hemostat ( helps for twisting the twist ties )
The neatest thing about this stuff is that it is "self supporting", "visible" ( so you can see its shape ) and.....it is "adjustable", so you can get the shape right.
It's easy to use, staple at the edges, twist tie pieces together, stretch / compress as needed to shape.
Once I have the shape right, it gets a layer of plaster cloth, then a layer of hydrocal ( brushed on, semi thin, two coats ). When dry and hard, a coat of "earth color" latex paint is applied, and allowed to dry, then, a heavy coat is applied a small patch at a time, and "ground cover" is sprinkled over, and gently pressed into the thick wet paint.
The depression to the left of the "pickle factory", is where I will use the waterfall technique, posted http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=53&t=1760 by Steve.
    . Sheet foam is used where buildings, etc. will be placed...they need firmer anchors as these are modules, and will be transported many times in their lives.
Some of that foam work can be seen on this, the "engine facility" module.

Yes, I modified the sand tower so that it and the sand shed are at the same level. It works better in this scene than at "hill-side", and yes, that is the "Spring Challenge" work train, behind the SHLC 2-6-6-2T.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread