"New modules"
Here's the shot , looking south, as it is right now. The cut stone abutment for the steel arch bridge can be seen on the right. That wall came from a static display I built for "modeler's night" at the Down East Railroad Club, a rail fan club in Brunswick, Me., in 1968.
By jogging the seawall, I was able to better use the space, for another ship to be added. The "scene divider" behind the roundhouse ( the right hand end of the modules ) is now painted with the "required" sky blue. Back to the left are the three "skyboards" also painted and ready to be installed when I no longer need access to the back of the modules, or show time, whichever comes first.
left center, the 3' gauge 2-8-2 with vanderbilt tender, and a standard gauge tank car, sit on the "back table" track that complete the dual gauge loop.

One of my oldest structures, is on the old module set. I built it from Jack Work's lineside supply shed article in MR, when I was in High School. 1960-1961 this is how it looks now.

P5se Camelback Wrote:Thanks for the update, Sumpter250, you 've been making some steady progress and the workmanship is supurb! Your modules are definitely an inspiration!
Thanks. I finally got into stride with this project, and now I've got the job of making the skirting for the new GCLaser booth, that we've built for this year's Trainfest.......next month (Nov. 12,13,14) in Milwaukee ( fairgrounds in West Allis )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread