"New modules"
Gary S Wrote:Great work as usual, Sir. The pier looks good, and I am always impressed by the details on the boats. The masts and rigging are A-1. Do you participate in any ship modeling forums?
Oh... I did notice the "cargo" on the leftmost ship...

" Do you participate in any ship modeling forums? "
Yes, Drydock Models is my current favorite. ( EDIT: 8/11/11 Drydock Models site is gone, I now hang out at Model Ship World. )

" Oh... I did notice the "cargo" on the leftmost ship.."
357 357 "She", does get noticed, but I don't bother her, that's a very large book she's reading....and I guarantee it's not the Bible, It is far more ancient. Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

The third walk bridge is built and painted. All three will now get the wood decking. I have decided to deck them in the manner seen in the photos posted in "Odd Bridge" <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/download/file.php?id=6194">download/file.php?id=6194</a><!-- l -->, By Jim Currie.

I know, I said I would do a tutorial on this third build, but there is too much left to do before the first show that these
modules are going to, and a lot of things had to be "put aside" to get them done. My appologies.

Each bridge has 154 piecesSad not counting the wood crossmembers bolted to the "I"beams, or the deck planking. )
16 rods - 8 in the "bowstrings", 8 in the "bows".
36 plates, where the vertical rods connecting the "bows" and the "Strings", are attached.
14 walkway cross member "I" beams.
72 vertical rods.
16 diagonal brace rods.
The total count of "ironwork pieces" for the three bridges is 462. ( and the shingles seemed the easier work )

The wood crossmembers, consist of a 2" X 4" "filler between the "I" beam flanges, and a 3" X 6" that fits flush with the flange edges, that the deck ( 2" X 6" ) is nailed to.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread