A few additions to my locomotive roster and a rebuild
Well after few days recovering from a reaction to some medication I was prescribed for my back I have finally been able to get some work done on the ten wheeler and get some photos resized.

The front of the tender at one time had a small deck plate on the front of it ( between loco and tender ). When I got the locomotive this part was missing as the photo below shows.

I had some 0.025" thick etched brass tread plate made by Precision Scale Co. so I cut out a small rectangular section and filed the back side so it had a couple of small tabs that would fit in the small slots on the tender front. ( sorry no photo ). I solder the new piece in place and then made some new front legs from a piece of small brass flat bar and soldered it in place as well.

For now I will be using a Digitrax decoder in the tender but I do plan on adding a Tsunami sound decoder later so deciding on how to add a speaker to the tender now will save possible damage to the paint later. The tender floor was cut out by one of the past owners most likely so for sound as well.

I am not sure why it was hacked up the way it is but seeing as the speaker box I plan to add and the coal load will hide the mess I am going to leave it alone.

Wayne Reid

Messages In This Thread