trackplans?
MountainMan Wrote:The biggest problem I have found is that no one else has ever created the "perfect" track plan that we are looking for. Big Grin
Triplex Wrote:Yes, it is better to design your own. Obviously, you should look around at plans for ideas, and not just plans in your scale or for your space.
Cheers
I kind of look at it as, "build a layout (structure, scene, etc.) to someone else's plan, and you've built someone else's layout, not "yours".
If you look at most of what I've done, you'll see that very little has been built as "designed", be it kit, construction article, or even RTR. My model building is an expression of me, not someone else.......but then, that's me, and maybe not you, I let other's work inspire me, I don't try to duplicate it.
When you're done looking at the list Triplex posted, you should have some pretty solid "inspiration". Then, let the "build" begin, and may fortune favor you.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread