Bowser USRA Lt Mikado, Deluxe Kit build
Aside from a few bumps in the road, the valve gear and drivers where easy for me. I will not say that they went together flawlessly. I had to use a few spare rivets.
I am going to give Bowser the benefit of the doubt, as this is the Christmas season, I am sure they are overloaded with customer support requests. I called, and sent them an email yesterday morning. During the phone call they took my information and said that someone would call me back by the end of the business day. I have not gotten that call, nor a return email. Like I said, I am sure they are swamped. I am not bashing them, as they have been around for a while and have some loyal customers. They did not get where they are by ignoring anyone.
I have had a night to rest and clear my head. I will go back at it later today with some fresh prespective, and a plan or 2 to straighten out the kinks. More photos to come. Does anyone know of a decent source for wax cast air hose and steam lines? If not, I have some plastic ones I can use.
Oh, and BTW, shortly after Christmas, I will be getting a Bowser Lt Pacific Deluxe kit as well.
The Pere Marquette used both the Pacific and the Mike in passenger service, so that should round out my loco selection for my home road fairly well.
I have a P2K heritage 0-8-0, a Berkshire, a Consolidation (Which the PM stubornly clung to until the merge with C&O), an S1 (which the PM never had) and an FA (also never rostered). I have to start gathering power for GTW, C&O, NYC, and PRR to fill my operating theme's requirements. Which gives me an excuse to buy a mallet. The C&O used them on fast freight into Toledo occasionally, why not send a few north? But I digress. That is for another thread.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.

Messages In This Thread