JANUARY 2010 TRAIN SHOWS
**I enjoyed the Greenburg show last saturday. It also was sunday, but I didn't go back. One dealer keeps showing up there. He is always all the way back up against the wall past some of the opperating train layouts but in the center rear of the hall. Three of the last four shows he was there. Each time it is like I don't have to go anyplace else. I do of course. This show I see he has a Walters CNJ FM H-10-44 #9700. I have a walters 9703, and a Hobbyline I painted for 9702. He only had $25. on it. I offered $20 and it was accepted. For some reason he had a life like P2000 PA1 complete drive. No body. I've been looking for one for 5 years now and there it was. He listed it for $20. I offered $15. and got it. Then He also had a pair of LL P2000 SD9s, a pair of GP7s, all Pennsy. The GPs i didn't need. The SDs he had $30. apiece on. both missed pilot steps and one had both coupler mounts broker off. I got the pair for $45. He also had what IHC calls a streamlined pacific. It has some skirting on the walkway. It had a nice paint job. The NYC Mercury in a light gray. No number, just the name Mercury on the cab sides. He listed it for $30. I offered $25. All his prices were very reasonable.
**I am always looking for Trainminature reffers and box cars. These cars are also made by Walters who had purchased the TM line. I seen one which at first glance I took for a Jelkie dairy car, it was a Jerpe dairy products car. It had a red lable on the right saying Packers of Pippin Poultry, milk and fed. On the left was the car owners name Jerpe dairy products Corp. Fayetteville Arkansas. Now this is a name I never saw or herd of before. It had a light tan underframe, so it is a walters wood sided with dreadnout ends It has a recorders mark of JERX 104. Another Walters car I found was a Pennsy X-29 old steel box with the number 55650. I have the walters car in 6 other numbers and didn't ever expect to find a different number, but here it is. In TM I found 2 cars, both old all wood unbraced.A Wilson and a Swift. The Wilson i had allready. The Swift i didn't. There were other cars and a Model power old time 4-6-0 in ATSF. I left there happy.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread