Buckeye Freight & Terminal
The Onita and western was owned by a mine and was operated by the L&N crews and was referred to as the "green train". This is kind of the arrangement of KCCC with BFT and mine owners yet to be determined who they are. I want to be able to switch a mine or two and a holding yard and eventually an end customer, if I remember right there were some steel plants in Southeast Ohio.

My thoughts on the layout arrangement is 2x4 foot modules with mines at one end of layout and a big yard in the middle and customer at the opposite end. Oh and I plan on use S scale trains from American models and S-helper both make hirail and scale versions that both rival ho as far as details and just about any diesel you could think of kinda skimpy on steamers thou

Being this is a freelanced layout I will use creative license as far as motive power. Also the main will be single with passing sidings near each end and maybe 2 reverse loops for running thru freights and passenger trains. Big Grin Think I will play with some track configurations and see what I can come up with.

Messages In This Thread