A Diorama for Jessica
Hi guys,

Im in the process of building a small diorama for my girlfriend, Jessica, that i am going to hang on her wall when im finished with it. She has been asking me to build a pink house for her for quite some time, and in finally got around to starting it. She liked the Walthers "Aunt Lucy's House" kit, so i ordered it. I also got a Great West Models small 2-Car Garage to go with the house. I ordered a bunch of Woodland Scenics Figures, and im going with a theme of Backyard Birthday. Im thinking i might do the backyard in the front of the module, with the street along the backside. I also got a Basketball set that im going to put in the driveway in front of garage. She also picked out a Cadillac Escalade and and a Dodge Charger to go with the pink house.

I agreed to build this little diorama under one condition, that i could include some construction on the diorama as well. She wasnt thrilled about it to say the least, but i found something to model on the left side of the board that would kinda go with the theme. Its a Faller Pre-Fab House Under Construction. Ill set up the scene with a crane lifting a pre-fab wall into place on the house, and i think it will look pretty dang cool. Lots of figures and trees will litter the diorama and help bring it to life. To top it all off, ill wire up a small power supply to power the 4 streetlights and light inside the pink house.

Here are some pics of the start. These pics were taken before i thought about doing the backyard of the pink house in the front of the board.... But this shows the basic intentions of the diorama.

[Image: SL373597.jpg]

[Image: SL373598.jpg]

[Image: SL373599.jpg]

[Image: SL373600.jpg]

[Image: SL373601.jpg]

Notice the blue trim on the pink house for the window frames and the doors. For some reason, Walthers had the parts molded with the "glass" and the frame in the same piece. This makes it nearly impossible to paint to match the house. I told Jessica about it, and even showed a wall section to her, and she wasnt thrilled with it, but she said it was okay. i even tried to mask and paint an extra window part that had come with the kit, but it didnt come out good at all, and i just didnt want to risk ruining the rest of the windows, so i chose to leave them blue. Yeah it doesnt match, but i also dont think it looks too terribly bad

Will post some more progress when some more work has been completed
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread