WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Gary S Wrote:
tetters Wrote:Your photos take me back to the days when I did house framing during the summers when I was still in high school.

So why aren't you down here helping me?!! 357

tetters Wrote:That was like almost (ahem) 20 years ago (cough, ahem).

It looks good, they really start to take shape once the roof starts to go on. Looks like a really solid structure you got there.

I was on my way out the door to come down to help you, too, Gary, when I heard about that big snowstorm in the eastern U.S. - with no snow tires on my car, I decided to not chance it. Misngth
It's been over 20 years since I built my house (and I wasn't anywhere near high school at that time), 35 so I probably wouldn't have been much help anyway. I am surprised that you opted for a built-up roof, though: that building is ideally suited to a truss-type roof, which would have allowed you to put the centre wall anywhere or even not use it at all. I do realise that it'd be difficult to move the trusses using a pick-up truck, though. Goldth Goldth

Your dimensioned drawing (giving new meaning to "feet" and inches) Icon_lol is somewhat confusing, though, as I was sure that your plan looked like this:
[Image: a1proposedlayout.jpg]

Did you have to get planning permission to move the door to the opposite wall? Wink Misngth Misngth

Wayne (Blueprint? We doan need no steenkin' blueprint!)

Messages In This Thread