Bar Mills - Saulena's Tavern
[Image: TWPtavern-6.png]

This was my first "craftsman" level kit, and it was a whopper. Saulena's Tavern was also one of the earlier Bar Mills kits, so the instructions are extremely lousy. It took me about a week to build this kit (off and on) and while frustrating at times, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I made some of the signs myself, and I also made the awnings since the ones in the kit had a funky yellow color on them.

Building the stairs was the most difficult and time consuming part, since each tread is an individual piece that must be aligned and glued in place. Yes...I'm serious. In N scale, these are some very tiny parts that made me want to Wallbang and Curse

There's always room for improvement, but I'm very happy with my results. From 6" away, the building looks flawless...and for N scale, I can't ask for much better than that. I picked up this kit at a train show for $10, but I believe it retails in the $40 - $50 range. Even at that price, it's worth it. This was an excellent kit and I look forward to my next Bar Mills project, the Majestic Hardware.
Tony

Messages In This Thread