Poll: What would you do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Single brackets at ~50"
8.70%
2 8.70%
Adjustable brackets (any height)
43.48%
10 43.48%
On top of shelving units (any height)
8.70%
2 8.70%
Yes, put shelves above
21.74%
5 21.74%
No, don't put shelves above
17.39%
4 17.39%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What would you do?
Here's the plan... Finally received tentative approval for this! Wink Final approval depends on how it is attached to the wall.

[album]1803[/album]

I was thinking about brackets, but could also simply place the modules on top of shelving units at an appropriate height. Since I belong to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.HOTrak.ca">www.HOTrak.ca</a><!-- w --> (a modular club) these have to make about 1/2 dozen trips per year out of the house, so permanent mounting is not possible.

Here are my options:

1) Single brackets mounted at ~50" (constrained by wall structure) gives overall height to the railhead of about 60". Easily visible, but not so easy to work on. Ceiling height in this part of the basement is about 6'6" due to being under the sunken living room.

2) Adjustable brackets (channel brackets?) would allow any height to be chosen, plus easily give the option of having shelves above the layout for storage, to mount lighting, etc.

3) Directly on shelves. This option requires investment in additional shelving, but with a little bit of sawing also allows any height.

Due to the options, you can vote for more than one thing. Please indicate the method of supporting the modules, and then indicate whether shelves above is a good idea...!

Thanks for your feedback!

Andrew

Messages In This Thread