Mountain King Potatoes
Another industry in the Hobby Industrial park. Bulk potatoes in from Colorado, bagged potatoes shipped out by truck, and possibly by rail, although I have never seen any boxcars sitting at the doors on the spur. They also load potatoes in bulk onto trailers, I guess fro delivery to Farmer's Markets and grocery stores.

I've seen them unloading potatoes from the reefers before. The potatoes are in the reefers in bulk, not in boxes or anything, just a reefer full of potatoes. They put the unloading ramp (the equipment between the reefers) up to the door, open it, and flood the car with water essentially washing the potatoes out into a trough and somehow from there they end up in the building. Then an employee gets in with a scoop and helps any stragglers on out of the reefer. Notice the pond at the side of the building, I suppose this is the washout water... it takes alot to flood the potatoes out of the cars.

The machinery that is near the road in the photos is what they use to load potatoes onto the trailers.

Here is their logo from their website. I hope it is okay to put the link in an IMG window so it shows up in this post:

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread