Quasar Lighting System for Optivisor
Hello all;

I've been away awhile, good to be back!

I found this device in the ads in the back of Model Railroader. I've reached middle age and have recognized the need for good light, so I picked one up (actually, I put it on my Christmas list, and it appeared under the tree). It's intended to attach to the front of an Optivisor identically to the manner the lenses themselves are mounted. Provided with the kit are a pair of mounting pins that are long enough to reach through the frame of the LED light frame and the lens.

It's a breeze to mount and relatively inexpensive (about $20). In use, it's virtually unnoticeable; it makes the Optivisor hood *sligthly* heavier, and the LED's are sometimes visible through the lens if you're looking for them. I have not found this distracting in the slightest - when you're looking at your work, you won't notice.

This device will not replace good workspace lighting, but it is handy when you are looking into something; such as looking into the interior of a structure or car. They do cast a bluish light, so keep that in mind when painting.

One downside - if your kids looked at you strangely when you wear the optivisor around the house before, this does not help your "cool" image! Icon_lol

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread