Greetings From Frankfort, Kentucky
Hello everyone. New member here and really enjoy the site. I finally was able to retire back in October so now have plenty of time to start working on the model railroads again. Among other things, I'm a former railroad employee having worked on the following railroads: Conductor, Frankfort & Cincinnati Railroad; Agent/Operator, Louisville & Nashville Railroad and General Freight Agent, TransKentucky Transportation Railroad. Railroad career ended in 1984, when the Frankfort & Cincinnati (FCIN) folded.

My primary interest is in short line railroads (the shorter the better) and industrial type switching operations, so I've been following doctorwayne's NW 58th Street layout construction thread with great interest. Between doctorwaynes's excellent work and that of Lance Mindheim Worship - I've really been fired up to start doing some modeling again. Will never have anything to match their work, but the inspiration and desire sure is there.

If anyone is interested in modeling the bourbon whiskey business - feel free to contact me. I spent many a cold night switching cars at the distilleries along the F&C!

Regards,
Ed
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread