Bringing kits to the On3-On30 market
I'm having fun preparing masters for On3 kits. I'm still a bit nervous about the business side of things: getting incorporated, setting up a website & payment system, making bulk part orders, and production. I know there is a market out there for the South Park cars...but not certain as to the Oahu Railway ones.

As a result of my acquisition of information on Oahu Railway items, I've come to the point where I'm going to have to build two layouts: one for the South Park (scenery emphasized) and one for the Oahu Railway (operations emphasized).

A major component of preparing the kits has been to design the parts in such a way that they are both easy to cast and easy to assemble (including, accurate paint). I've found myself making extensive use of my pre-production castings for the Oahu Railway coach ends to modify my roof master.

One of the pleasures has been the help I've received along the way...both the encouragement and additional information. I'm going to have a more accurate underframe for my Oahu Railway kit than almost any other model out there (this was thanks to a gentleman in California and another in Hawaii whom climbed under the surviving cars and provided me with precise measurements).

I would ultimately like to have at least 20 of these Oahu Railway coaches. They were the only NG road (to my knowledge) whom ran 20 car passenger trains.

[Image: IMG_5776.jpg]
(prior to touching up the roof)

I've caught three small mistakes on the ends of the car, and I've corrected them. One of the mistakes was related to the specifics of the frame and undetectable prior to getting measurement data, another was an NBW disappearing, and the last was an omission common to the plans.
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread