Charlie b's layout
I didn't get much visible work done today but I got the remainder of the support screws in and did a little filing of some rough edges, 
I figured it was time to start building track from the main line. I had room for one #6 switch from the outer main but had to cross a siding. I have a 12.5 degree crossing  that will work with only minor adaption. Here are some pictures with the section of track cut out     
The beauty of using white glue and water to hold the ballast and track down is a little bit of water and a couple minutes soak time and the track can be removed. I made the cut for the switch before I softened the glue, then removed that section and cleaned the base with a scraper and tidied up with my shop vac.  It looks like a short 3 inch piece of flex track between the switch (turnout) and the crossing will allow the slight 1 or 2 degree curve to keep the industrial siding straight.      
I will let the site dry overnight and tomorrow finish that up. The removable bridge will head out the other side of the crossing. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread