Charlie b's layout
(03-08-2023, 09:25 PM)Charlie B Wrote: I don't have enough irons in the fire so I have decided I need a massive yard to display all of my rolling stock. I just don't like having it in boxes and drawers under the layout so I am taking a foot off the east side and 16 feet of the north side to build a yard. I made a VERY rough drawing of what I hope to accomplish. I will be adding another 300 feet of track for the yard/s. 
I had ordered shelf braces and they came today so I have installed them on the east wall. The braces are rated for 250 pounds so I should be ok for the weight. The rough drawing is really rough. I draw best with the real track.  I can also get 6 tracks in a 12 inch shelf layout. When I am done the remaining track will go to the grandkids along with any rolling stock that wont fit the shelves.  Goldth 
Charlie

Are you building any scenery in the yard, or is it just a display for rolling stock?
I only just started and am already glancing at those fancy new cars, I can only imagine...
Liking the idea though, in boxes it is just getting dusty without doing anything.
Playing with trains in scale 1:87 and 1:1
My modeling motto: “too many tools, but no clue”

Messages In This Thread