Need a yard plan got any good ideas?
steinjr Wrote:
scubadude Wrote:Coming in kind of late....here is a double-ended yard Squidbait came up for me sometime ago on the old Gauge. It originated from a John Armstrong plan. Squid tweaked it and added the roundhouse. This is what I plan to use. I stole it fair and square, you may find it helpful...

Your yard plan is showing 3 1/2 cars per square. With H0 scale, you get two cars per foot of length for 40-foot cars, or three cars per two feet of length for 60-foot cars.

Is your yard plan N scale instead of H0 scale, does your layout use very short cars (e.g. iron ore cars only or 1880s cars only), or are your squares not one foot each, so the total length of the yard is more than 12 feet?

FYI, the OP is trying to fit in a yard for a H0 scale layout in 12 foot of length. Mmm - I guess he has not actually said in this thread that he is in H0 scale - I just assumed so because he talks about H0 scale in another forum we both are members of.

Assumptions are always dangerous.

What scale is the OP in? What era is he modeling? How many and how long trains (in the number of cars and type of cars) does the layout need to support?

Smile,
Stein
My plan is N scale, designed to be part of an 11' x 20'' shelf. It was intended to just give a suggestion of a double ended yard as Allegheny was asking for, not an HO scale trackplan. Thanks for pointing that out. He will of course need to tweak it and convert it to HO.
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread