N Scale Union Pacific Layout
TrainNut Wrote:Josh,
Right off the bat, you said that this layout would be flat and at eye level. I'm thinking some of the things in the back might be hard to see or get lost by what's in front. What if you raised the back portion of the layout by just 1" (at a 2% grade, that would take 4' on each end)? It seems you could do this easily by starting and ending your inclines around the curves at each end of the layout and it should really help your depth of field.
Wha'do ya think?
You might even have enough of a run there to keep it at 1% or go with 2% and raise it 2".

TN, I like the idea, but im not sure if it will work with the way I have things layed out, especially with the Intermodal Yard and Grain Complex. Ill look into it more though, cuz that would be a good idea.

I have also decided to lower the layout a couple inches, so that it will be a little below eye level (for me), so this should help some with seeing to the back of the layout. I would like a grade going up in the back though, that is a really neat idea and i think it would improve the depth of field greatly. Ill keep it in mind and see what I can do Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread