What dont you like about this hobby
Gary S Wrote:Come on, guys! I haven't seen a single bit of oppression EVER in the model railroad world. What I have found is a tremendously helpful and gracious bunch of people who are enjoying and sharing the hobby. And, I would LOVE to hear some factual occurences of all this oPpResSioN that apparently is running rampant in the hobby.

Being one, a "politically agitative, white, male", I have entered into "those discussions" and have become aware of the discomfort they can produce. The "environment" becomes oppressive. I did not mean to imply that " oPpResSioN is running rampant in the hobby."
It doesn't seem to occur when "tremendously helpful and gracious people are enjoying and sharing the hobby", and the best way to keep it that way, is to avoid starting the political conversation. (And no, :oops: I still haven't thoroughly learned that lesson yet 35 )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread