The Quintessential Briefcase Layout
So I received a T gauge starter set from eBay yesterday and I've been debating what to do with it.
Today I was in a local junk shop browsing around with the wife and stumbled on an old, beat up documents case sitting in the corner.
*PING* The light came on.... Briefcase layout! ( I had half contemplated the idea before but didn't have a briefcase handy at the time.)
I bought it and brought it home. At 13.5 by 19.5 inches, there is just enough room for the track, some scenery and a space to cut out for the power pack.

So I opened up RTS and using N scale track, made my loop to give me a basis to work out a simple, one track layout.
(N scale halved is just about equivalent to T gauge. Not quite right but pretty close. Thanks to rmyers over at Talking T Gauge for that info.)
Then I threw it into Paintshop Pro to color it.
This is what I came up with.

The black areas on your left are for the controller and storage for cables. I may try to make some kind of box with a lid to fit in there in order to keep everything from falling out and bashing the layout when not in use. Or perhaps Velcro straps.
A forest in the upper left along with a house and barn with the field close by.
Bridge over river in the top middle. The river runs into the lake.
Of course the obligatory mountain with a tunnel over to your right.
And lower center is the train station in the middle of nowhere.... 357

Attached Files Image(s)

CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!

Messages In This Thread