"Free" trees at MRC
I received the trees. I ordered the birch trees, but learned that I could have ordered several different types.

They come in a nice package that protects them:
[Image: JTTTrees002small.jpg]

I ordered HO scale (4") which would be 29 scale ft tall. As you can see in the pic, I could have pushed them in farther (didn't feel like drilling through the plywood) but you can see that the trees would have been 4" as advertised, so that is good Thumbsup
[Image: JTTTrees004small.jpg]

The trees are made of coated, bendable wire armatures. Because of that, they really feel strudy and have a bit of weight in your hand. You can also bend any limbs into a better position if you need too. Unfortunately, one of its best assets, becomes its biggest liability (besides price). The twisted wires that make the trunk, look like.........twisted wires:
[Image: JTTTrees005small.jpg]

Here's a couple of shots of them from different distances:
[Image: JTTTrees009small.jpg]

[Image: JTTTrees013small.jpg]

I think that they are a very good looking tree, the foliage looks very good, not clumpy (another plus) but I'm not crazy about the trunks. In all fairness though, it is really no big deal to the naked eye...................................$14.00 reg price..............you decide.

But if you have $5.00 laying around, you can sample them for yourself (while the promotion lasts). Thumbsup
Steve

Messages In This Thread