Input on proposed HO switching layout
Hi All...

After a lot of test-fitting track sections and managing to get a little more information (very little) about the Lapeer Industrial Railroad - I've reached the conclusion that I just can't model that line the way I'd like to in the available space! Specifically, I just couldn't get the interchange/grain elevator area right! So it was back to the drawing board.

It occurred to me that I could actually have two different switching layouts on the existing benchwork - each one 18 inches deep by 20 feet long - so I came up with this plan for the first one:     This plan (named in honor of "The Boss") is free-lanced, but loosely based on elements of some real operations. For example:
**The interchange arrangement is similar to the Kendallville Terminal Railway, Kendallville, Indiana.
**The left side of the plan is based on industries found on the Shelbyville Industrial Rail Spur, in Shelbyville, Illinois.
The plan has that mid-western flavor that I like and should provide plenty of switching and ample room for scenery.

D - Team Track will receive most anything...
E - Lumber Yard (Walters kit) will receive building products and lumber inside the main structure (we have a lumber yard like that where I live and I used to spot box cars inside the warehouse)...
F - Feed / Grain is your typical mid-west farm supply that ships grain and receives cars of feed and fertilizer, depending on the season...
Industry G - will receive a mixture of tank cars and plastics type covered hoppers (CH's in the shed - tank cars at the end of the track)...
Industry H - is a paper products plant where box cars must be spotted at specific doors...

I just need to get off my rear and start working on something!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread