Bachmann Spectrum N&W J Class 4-8-4 derailing problems
Kevin.

Your 100% correct in that there is no play or wiggle room for side to side rocking motion or for that matter if the grade starts to either increase or decrease as soon as the locomotive and the tender are on either side of the transition no matter how slight that transition is the tender wheels come off the rails and inevitably never land back on the rails causing derailments but according to Bachmann it's always the fault of my track work . Sure if I wanted to screw some easy track on to a piece of plywood and have everything run on a level plain then It might stand a chance of running without derailment but that not the way it goes even in the 1:87 scale world.
My question to Bachmann is if this drawbar is so good then why isn't it used on any of their other locomotives?
If I knew they would refund my money or give me an even exchange on a different locomotive then I would lean that way rather then attempt a modification that most likely would work but in the event it didn't now I'm stuck with a paper weight.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Messages In This Thread