E-Mail Hacked
any email account will get a certain number of spam emails even if you never give it out to anyone at all as many of the spammers use an `autodialer' for lack of a better word
basically they start at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:aaaa@aaa.com">aaaa@aaa.com</a><!-- e --> and work their way up to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:zzzz@zz.com">zzzz@zz.com</a><!-- e -->- so of course they will sooner or later get to yours

of course some `certain' websites will put active emails on a list and the number of spammers increases dramatically

I have used the same email since 96, in fact I never actually use my isp based pop3 account because I consider them to be `temporary' until I move on to the next one that offers a better deal- my yahoo one has been `me' for nearly a decade and a half!!

(plus I have found its spam filters are `WAAAY' better than most isp based ones- I am lucky to get 1o or 2 emails a week actually get into my inbox- the spam folder gets hundreds a day)

Also I have another hotmail account purel for signing into websites- never check it and never use it apart from using it as my signup email

there isnt anything stopping anyone from having hundreds of accounts from any of the free online providers (hotmail, livemail,yahoo,gmail etc etc etc) I had a couple of hundred at one stage just for a single forum (we had a bit of fun making up `joke names' between a few of us and you needed a different email to sign up each name- I just used my normal plus a number added at the end for each one LOL)
poopsie chicken tush

Messages In This Thread