Homasote implementation
ocalicreek Wrote:Thank you for sharing that enlightening picture, Ed! Question: Could it be the cardstock that warped? That's where I'd put my money...unless you've got another picture showing just the homasote by itself. And a second question - is it the actual homasote brand or a generic fiber board? Not trying to challenge your results, just wanting to clarify the results. Also, what did you use to glue the cardstock to the homasote (and to itself between layers?).

Now we're getting somewhere!

Galen
Galen;
I'd doubt that the cardstock had anything to do with it. Thin layers added to the Homasote with Elmer's glue - then as stated a layer of semi-thick plaster added over top of that to blend it all together. Finally, some assorted Woodland Scenic materials affixed with a thinned spray of matte medium. And yes, this is the real Homasote brand.

I threw that whole thing together in one evening, waiting just long enough between things for the glue and plaster to set up. At the time, I never gave any thought to it warping, in spite of all the warnings I'd seen and heard.

Tell you what I can try if you like, since this display/test track was going to be thrown away (I actually thought I had done so a long time ago), tomorrow or the next day, I will turn it over, lightly spray the bottom with water, try and get some clear photos and see if it will warp in the opposite direction. Might be a fun experiment :-)
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread