Fluesheet's Shelf Layout
Hey guys, thanks for the comments!

Yep, the crew seemed to be made up of nice guys, but frankly they were just slow workers! You noticed that I walked pretty much all over the site taking photos and, well, it just seemed they never moved!

I was most impressed by the four German guys - the Preisers - who seemed to be the only guys working. I spoke to two of them - Hans and Dietrich - and learned that all four of them were born to a father named Heinrick Preiser, who'd been in railroading all his life. He started on the Prussian State Railways in 1898, and continued railroad work here in the U.S. on the B&O after emigrating from Germany in 1913 with his family.

I have no idea the rest of the crew's story - they just stood with vacant looks in their eyes that didn't encourage conversation...

As a side note, those ties were too tall; they didn't match the CVT ties height well at all. Unfortunately, I discovered this after gluing a bunch down. I just had another crew down there tonight tearing them all out so they can be taken back to the mill and re-shaped.Nope
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread