Fluesheet's Shelf Layout
Steamtrains Wrote:Great videos....Love that li'l 0-6-0, gotta get me one.... Goldth
What's with the couplers..?? Seems like a lot of fuzz to get them open and closed....

True enough - I'm finding both the Kadees and Sergents have there strong and weak points. The Kadees are consistently easier to couple (assuming that the springs are set up correctly so that the couplers are centered) - due to the fact they are self centering and so need less fuss less of the time to get them to couple. If they are lined up, the couple as easy or easier than Kadees (The Sergents aren't self centering). The Sergents, on the other hand, are consistently easier to uncouple in my experience.

There are a bunch of caveats to both of them, but that's fodder for another thread once I get a test plan put together so both trains go through the same movements.

Love the 0-6-0's myself; the GM&O has a QSI sound decoder in it, the NYC started as a DC only locomotive that I installed a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder into (need to put a thread up on that). The Soundtraxx has better sound and better motor control - the QSI is missing a level of polish on both, and especially on low speed motor control. Neither are as good as my 10 year old Zimo motor-only decoders. Soundwise, the QSI has one advantage - it's exhaust is properly synchronized (and the CV and scale speed read back is pretty helpful, though not at all prototypical!)

OK, enough tangents for one post!
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread