How to paint with the best results possible?
Dave Farquhar Wrote:One safe way to remove paint from plastics is to soak the item in Purple Power, a high-strength cleaner you can find at auto parts stores. Depending on the paint, it can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days. I've never had a problem with it damaging any plastic.

It works on metal too, but of course with metal you don't have to be as careful so I generally use aviation-grade paint strippers on that. Then you're talking 15 minutes to bare metal, usually.

Thanks Dave, my dad is goes to the auto stores regularly lol so ill have him look for the stuff next time hes at one, this stuff sounds promising and sounds like it works very Goldth

upnick Wrote:Hi Josh,

The best masking tape out there is from Tamiya its low tack and comes in various widths, a tip a pro R/C car body sprayer told me was mount the body and hold it upside down so any overspray falls away from the body its a lot easier to add paint on a second coat.
With waterbased paints i always flush out the airbrush with clean water and then a little white spirit keeps the brush nice and clean.

Thanks for the tip Nick, ill have to see if i can find some over here Goldth

thanks for the tip about spraying upside down, i would have never thought of something as simple as that lol, but i would think that would pretty much eliminate the paint from bleeding under
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread