Twin Forks Diorama (N Scale Shadowbox)
Gosh!
It’s been a while since I posted anything on here!

I haven’t been doing any modeling to speak of…the HO layout is as usual in a state of “bone-idle”!
We had to get some plumbing work done in the basement, & though it didn’t directly affect the layout, a lot of stuff got shoved into the layout area to get it out of the way…

Anyway, in the process, we discovered this old shelf that used to be used to hold CD’s…

[Image: ndio1.jpg]

My wife asked me if I wanted it…at first I said no, & I was going to throw it away, but then I got this idea…If I took the shelves out & turned it on its side, it might make a cool shadowbox diorama

[Image: ndio2.jpg]

I had found the remains of this old N scale bridge in the scrap box, & so I got the idea for an N scale diorama…

[Image: ndio6.jpg]

I had to do a little work on the shelf to make it work…I had to remove what had been the base of the unit, remove the plastic feet, & cut the piece so it was the same size as the other end piece…then I found a scrap of vinyl flooring, & cut it to use as a backdrop…unfortunately, it wasn’t long enough, & I had to make it in 2 sections with a seam in the middle…I painted on a sky, & some crude hills…

[Image: ndio4.jpg]

Next, I made a big hill out of foam board to hide the seam in the backdrop…

[Image: ndio5.jpg]

Started adding some scenery to the foam pieces…

[Image: ndio8.jpg]
-Drew-
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."

Messages In This Thread