40 ford boneyard progress
Charlie B Wrote:
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:The running board covers & floormat are made of the foil from a cigarette pack, I knew there had to be some good come from being a smoker 357
I know the foil you are talking about. I think I managed to save about 20 empties before I quit. I'll have to hide them somewhere. I don't know where you would find the "quilted" foil with that small quilting anywhere else. I remember looking at it after you posted "over there" and marveling at how you came up with the idea to use it.
I think all of your ideas are so unique. The wheels and tires too.
Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Like every modeler I know we all look at most every thing we come across with an eye not for what it is but what it could be in 1/87 or 1/64 or 1/20 or whatever scale we like. If you need any foil let me know I get at least one liner a day ( and don't have a smokers cough either :mrgreen: )

As far as the wheels & tires, I think I have figured out how to make the "bent spoke" type like Kelsy Hayes, if it works I'll put some up.
Also I found that if you need O rings for tires that if you have a Fastenal store near you they have them DIRT cheap !! I got some at an industrial hardware store ( which was less than an auto parts house ) but they were still 21 cents apiece. Went to Fastenal & got them for a DOLLAR & change a HUNDRED !!

Have I posted enough or you still want to see more junk?
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread