La Mirada, CA Industial Complex - Galen Maybe you can help?
This is for anyone who may be familiar with the Industrial Complex in La Mirada, CA

Galen, I seem to remember that you lived or still live in the area?

I went there to take some pictures of the tracks and structures in the complex last Monday. I saw 2 BNSF GP60M's (both in the old Santa Fe Red/Silver Paint) and I also saw one of the old ATSF Cabooses. I got some pictures, these were all parked on a siding right next to the Airgas Facility. I also saw 2 more locomotives and another caboose near the Airgas Facility, just passed the yard down one of the branches, they were also parked. One of the locomotives looked like another GP60M with the same Red/Silver Paint, and i couldnt tell what the other one was (my eyes are bad) but it was either in the orange/green Heritage I or Heritage II paint scheme. I couldnt get to them easily without walking down the tracks and I didnt want to be caught trespassing LOL so maybe ill catch them next time

Here are some pictures I got

[Image: SL370138.jpg]

[Image: SL370137.jpg]

[Image: SL370135.jpg]

[Image: SL370136.jpg]

[Image: SL370134.jpg]

[Image: SL370132.jpg]

BNSF GP60M #'s 153 & 158

[Image: SL370114.jpg]

[Image: SL370115.jpg]

[Image: SL370116.jpg]

[Image: SL370117.jpg]

[Image: SL370118.jpg]

[Image: SL370119.jpg]

[Image: SL370120.jpg]

[Image: SL370124.jpg]

[Image: SL370125.jpg]

[Image: SL370126.jpg]

These pictures were taken while the 2 GP60M's were parked next to the Airgas Facility

[Image: SL370123.jpg]

Now to my question, does anyone know if these locomotives stay in the area permanently? I got pictures of roadnumbers 153 and 158, but couldnt see what roadnumbers or for sure what the other 2 locomotive models were. Also couldnt really see the other caboose.

I want to make a couple small modules for a few of the structures I took some detail shots of, including the Airgas Facility, and would like to model all 4 of the locomotives plus both of the cabooses to switch my modules with. If anyone has any additional pictures of the locomotives or the cabooses, or any other information about this area and the locomotives, please feel free to share, and thanks in advance!
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread