La Mirada, CA Industrial District Switching Project
P5se Camelback Wrote:I, too, am a huge proponent of planning. I did it my whole career, planning how to develop a new product to solve the problem as stated by a client (be it as a consultant or from within a corporation.) I've been doing that with the Structure Challenge, but I've discovered that, at least in model railroading, you've got to "Plan in Place!" On paper, to scale, is apparently not always what it's cracked up to be! Plan full size, with paper track and structures if need be, but things can take up more room than expected when you get right down to it! Especially those nice sweeping curves or clearances on hidden track, etc. 35 Nope

Damn! I had it all drawn up and it looked so good! Then I started to mock it up 3-D with corrugated cardboard mock-ups and sections of cardboard cut out to represent track/roadbed at the proper widths and radii and ... ahhh .... oops! That's not going to fit! Confusedhock: Icon_lol

PUNT! :oops: Wallbang Wallbang

But better to punt now that later when we are dealing with lumber, whicch costs $$! Thumbsup

Thanks for the reply Bil Misngth

I know what you mean, I am often like that where i get stuck in the planning stages and never actually start anything, mostly because I dont have the space right now. This project is however small enough for me to take on right now, and I dont need my own house as I can store these portable modules on my walls Eek Misngth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread